UNIX/LINUX System Engineer ( 11-250)
UNIX/LINUX Systems Engineer
Primary Work Location:
10% or less
Base Technologies is looking for a great candidate who has senior skills and enterprise-scale experience to assist the UNIX/LINUX Systems Engineering team with enterprise UNIX/LINUX server design, including: hardware evaluation and selection, Operating Systems expertise, scripting, availability/resiliency/load-balancing design, SAN storage, back-ups, and security considerations. The successful candidate will possess strong and broad UNIX Systems Administration and Systems Engineering experience in SOLARIS / AIX / Red Hat LINUX operating systems as well as in related core technologies such as SAN storage ( Brocade Switches, EMC/HDS/NetApp arrays), Veritas, Oracle RAC, Server virtualization, network familiarity and NetBackup experience. The position requires an ability to communicate clearly through detailed technical documentation, written reports and in presentations to Government management.
Demonstrated experience with major system upgrade/enhancements for UNIX/LINUX systems.
· Experience with Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas NetBackup products, large-scale SAN implementations ( 50+ TB).
· Familiar with web services in a large UNIX environment.
· Experience with Disaster recovery, data replication experience, specifically with Hitachi or EMC products.
· Demonstrated experience in capacity planning, management reporting and performance tuning across multiple platforms.
· At least 3 years of UNIX/LINUX Systems Engineering.
· At least 2 years of UNIX/LINUX Server Clustering / Load Balancing / Virtualization.
· At least 5 years of UNIX/LINUX Systems Administration
· At least 5 years of UNIX/LINUX Server backups and storage administration.
· At least 5 years of UNIX/LINUX Server troubleshooting and patching.
· At least 3 years of Linux System Administrator.
· Customer centric focus, excellent communication skills, and team oriented work habits required.
· Candidates must be willing and able to pass an extensive background investigation for security clearance.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems ( MIS), Data Processing, related technical field or a minimum of 5 year's technical experience with a broad range of vendor products.
· MUST BE A US CITIZEN to pass extensive security clearance and background investigation.
Experience with the below also helpful:
· Oracle Real Application Cluster ( RAC)
· Oracle Data Guard and Clustering SW
· Clustering Management, specifically Automated Storage Manager
Base Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer ( EOE) and Affirmative Action employer, and is proud to be a Drug Free Workplace.
Base Technologies uses E-Verify to validate all new hires ability to work legally in the U.S.