The Member Services Representative is responsible for performing a broad variety of Member services such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificate accounts and assisting Members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. The Member Services Representative answers Member questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance activities. Also, this position cross-sells services and performs related secretarial functions as required; assists or refers Members with any and all questions that arise; and attends to all telephone inquiries and transactions for Members.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of Member service functions:
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with Members:
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to Members and assists in meeting their financial needs; opens and closes accounts; rents safe deposit boxes; orders checks for Member accounts; completes payroll deductions and authorization forms;
- Answers questions and solves problems for Members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party; resolves Member bookkeeping and checking account problems; takes stop payment orders;
- Renews and updates certificate accounts;
- Receives and directs Members and telephone calls; responds to inquiries and questions, or directs them as necessary; records and relays messages;
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as necessary;
- Maintains IRA accounts and answers questions regarding IRAs.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with staff and management:
- Resolves Member requests and questions promptly, courteously and professionally;
- Keeps Members informed of Credit Union services and policies;
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Assists other area staff as required;
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and significant problems;
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly;
- Attends meetings as required.
Meets or exceeds all sales, service and productivity goals established for this position.
Maintains an up-to-date status of all sales support and processing activity with routine reporting to management.
Performs all duties in a manner that is 100% compliant with KEMBA policy and procedures.
Assists in other areas as directed by Credit Union management.
Develops an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
On a self-directed basis, continues to improve individual level of competency through training and certification on established educational programs.
Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
KEMBA Financial Credit Union - 2 years ago