The VP, CCO will have full responsibility for the execution and deployment of all technology services, omni-channel platforms, and Lowe’s Selling solutions within the customer/store operations entity. This position will serve to manage IT systems within the CCO organization, responding to any needs or issues that may arise, providing integration between CCO and the technology centers of excellence, and providing information back to the USHI organization to ensure consistency and integration across all technology systems within Lowe’s. This position will be a key leverage point in overseeing deployment of the product innovation needed to further enhance Lowe’s growth strategy and potential, enabling the strategy through the Digital Interfaces team to ensure seamless customer and associate service and drive sales. This person will be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the delivery process for new applications in support of the business and ensuring ongoing maintenance of eCommerce, retail solutions, and digital products.
• Under the guidance of USHI leadership, translates business needs and requirements into IT solutions to ensure delivery of technology services and applications which drive efficient operations to facilitate USHI in achieving business goals. Maintains awareness of global business objectives while collaborating with USHI leadership, other IT functional groups, internal business users, and outside consultants to assess, plan, design, develop, integrate, and deploy CCO applications and services.
• Continually assesses the tactical demands of daily business reliance on systems against the current portfolio of CCO applications and services to support company growth and ensure the technology solutions provide for adaptability within the dynamic business environment.
• Interfaces with senior leadership and executive management throughout the corporation on a variety of business and technology related issues, understanding the overall USHI strategy and creating innovative, customer experience/retail operations approaches to support the business through a variety of digital systems.
• Manages resources for quick deployment and response to resolve pressing support issues, working across functional lines to ensure alignment of projects and modifications to systems.
• Oversees the group responsible for the development and maintenance of all business applications in support of Lowe’s CCO solutions, driving the overall platform for digital customer/ associate interfaces.
• Ensures compliance with all application system standards, processes and procedures, and manages allocation of resources when developing and deploying new customer interfaces.
• Translates program prioritization into the development schedule and ensures that new development and maintenance activities are completed, and responds to change requests during the program lifecycle.
• Executes and monitors Service Level Agreements to provide clear direction to IT staff in the CCO department with respect to business expectations and needs as defined by USHI leadership.
• Executes CCO roadmaps to maintain competitive advantage and cost effectiveness with respect to IT products and services.
• Continually evaluates functionality and advises leadership on potential changes to architecture to drive Lowe’s operational advantage in the marketplace with innovative applications for customers/employees to enhance the customer experience.
• Provides input to leadership in vendor selection and management, particularly with respect to strategic sourcing of IT applications and services, to ensure alignment of CCO platforms, systems, and solutions with that of other IT functions and centers of excellence.
Project Management - Delivers and oversees all initiatives, projects and programs within CCO, implementing USHI standards and providing local leadership a foundation for the development of all CCO business applications.
• Works with business leaders to define requirements for customer/employee applications, and translates needs to system specifications in support of desired business experience and objectives.
• Manages defined CCO budget and related initiatives, ensuring ROI and efficient use of resources throughout all stages of development and delivery.
• Ensures that CCO projects and programs are executed on time, on budget and according to USHI specification, coordinating with leadership and across the IT organization as necessary to deliver alignment of all systems and applications.
IT Planning for the Business - Implements strategy for all CCO solutions, with focus on tactical execution of plans to achieve the overall objectives for the business.
• Identifies and recommends new and innovative ways to apply technology in order to create genuine commercial value, advising business leaders of matters related to new customer trends and leading edge means of creating solutions.
• Drives the engineering vision of CCO systems and application projects, deploying USHI strategies in the build of scalable computing platforms in order to facilitate financial management and business growth.
• Drives the IT governance model within CCO to create a seamless, integrated and transparent IT operating function and can be utilized throughout the customer/employee experience to maximize efficiency of system navigation and, ultimately, increase revenues.
Leading Others - Consistently provides strong leadership presence, business savvy, technical expertise, and overall commitment to excellence within the CCO organization.
• Lead and develop application teams to ensure effective deployment and support of CCO systems.
• Proactively builds strong working partnerships with line management and USHI leadership.
• Provides presentation of findings and recommendations to USHI leadership to gain consensus and buy-in, provide counsel and influence outcomes.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring progress.
• Identifies developmental needs of others on team and coaches them to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Creates a climate of engagement and productivity by empowering others, encouraging them to contribute ideas and make decisions.
• Inspires productivity by demonstrating the USHI vision, maintaining two-way communication, and distributing the workload in a planful and organized manner.
• Enables and promotes an inclusive and diverse team and working environment
Managing Diverse Relationships, Understanding the Business, Keeping on Point, Inspiring Others, Creating the New and Different, Making Complex Decisions, Getting Work Done Through Others
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
• 8+ years IT experience in a large global enterprise with focus on development of eCommerce applications and frameworks
• 5+ years in an IT leadership role, in an environment of rapid change and quick customer response
• Proven ability to lead development of holistic complex and creative technology applications within the context of the overall business strategy
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Information Systems
• Proven track record in a high transaction, 24/7 multi-site retail environment
• Experience in developing and managing development of infrastructure architectures across domains
Lowe's - 18 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...