Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Assistant Construction Manager
Type of Position:
• BS in Engineering or Construction Management
• 4 years experience in federal/industrial infrastructure construction
• MicroSoft Projects OR Primavera
• Experience managing small to mid-size construction projects.
• This position requires frequent travel.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services.
We provide these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other
countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally,
FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. URS has approximately 45,000
employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries.
The Company's business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power,
and Industrial & Commercial.
• Provide assistance to Project Managers in project schedule development, site supervision, proposal development, and construction estimating for Government and Industrial Projects.
• Provide support for projects including dams, landfills, mining projects, ponds, highways, bridges, and buildings.
• Manage subcontractors and performing construction support services.
• Serve as site supervisor/client representative of small and medium-sized design/build projects and provide field data and site leadership for existing major projects and clients.
• Review and provide input to scopes of work and specifications for procurement support.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills including daily reports, photo documentation, schedule progression, and contractor coordination.
• The requirement to assist Project Managers means that the following skill sets will be utilized on a regular basis
• Understand Design Drawings
• Project Cost Estimating
• Project Scheduling
• Site Management
• Subcontractor Management
• Project Documentation
• An advantage of a large office environment and an established team is the opportunity to further develop individual skill sets.
• Successful Established multi-disciplinary team of project managers, civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, and geologists working to conceive, permit, design and construct small to large projects.
• Dam Rehabilitation
• Process Water Impoundments
• Industrial facility site design
• Leach pads
• Flood Control and Stormwater Diversion
• Landfills and Waste Storage
• Federal MILCON
• URS offers significant growth potential for the motivated individual. Individual development can occur in the areas of project management, client account management, marketing leadership, and business operations management.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...