The Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse-RN) is responsible for the coordination of clinical activities of the Wound Care Center including but not limited to use of organizational skills, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing patient care through the use of hospital and nursing standards. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES |
• Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
• Provides HBO patient assessment and chamber operation as required.
• Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities, provides direct supervision to clinical staff, (RN, LPN, MA, Med Assist, etc).
• Collaborates with other health care providers, Wound Care Center Physicians, Program Director, and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
• Consistently looks at current processes and procedures and identifies and implements areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA, JCAHO, DOH as well as hospital and DCS requirements.
• Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Program (PIP).
• Engages in staff development, providing general in services as well as individual instruction and orientation. Provides staff recognition through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback.
• Collaborates with Program Director in coordination of program objectives, from a budgetary and financial perspective.
• Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to achieve Wound Care Center quality indicators.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Managing People
• Problem – solving
• Change Management
• Developing Others
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal skills
Registered Nurse with current license. Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
Previous supervisory experience required. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
The incumbent in the position will supervise 2 or more employees none of which are supervisors of others.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
4. Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
5. Math Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to
apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
6. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of
intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism
(formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
7. Computer Skills:
Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as web-based database programs and the Internet.
8. Work Environment:
The incumbent in this position is not required to work under any extreme conditions, but may be required to work around caustic chemicals approximately 5% of the time and must be able to work around a moderate noise level such as an office environment.
9. Physical Demands:
The incumbent in this position typically has to stand approximately 40% of the time,
walk 50% of the time and sit 10% of the time. In addition, the person is using touch or feel 80% of the time and reaches with his arms or hands approximately 80% of the time. Finally, this person must talk or hear 100% of the time.
Clinical Coordinator shares accountability for healing outcomes in the Wound Care Center, which includes clinical practices and patient satisfaction leading to the success of the program.
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...