Provides leadership&facilitation in the resolution of strategic&sensitive issues or projects of regional,statewide,cross-entity or cross-functional&reports to senior leadership. The incumbent acts as an advisor&thought partner by leading teams to identify,track&measure issues,project plans&associated risks for resolution&consolidation,providing expert consulting capabilities to the functional area to realize leaders' strategic agendas.Leads teams to gather data,researching&consolidate issues,summarizing information&making recommendations w/relevant stakeholders to advance the senior leaders' agenda.Incumbent routinely&proactively represents the executives' positions in meetings,committees&developing integrated functional projects,communication plans&scorecards to measure effectiveness of initiatives. On behalf of the executive,oversees the functional area operations including budget&strategic planning.Maybe responsible to manage other executive/internal consultants&staff to proactively identify&resolve issues of strategic importance to the company.
• Acts as advisor by structuring undefined issues for resolution,researching issues,summarizing information&working w/relevant stakeholders to provide the executive w/information needed to make sound decisions.
• Provides leadership,consultation/analysis regarding state-wide,cross-entity or cross-functional performance&strategic opportunities.
• Identifies/recommends approaches to issues&identifies effective means of solving the issues.
• Facilitates committees/task forces of diverse membership.
• Ensures the delivery of quality results on time.
• Acts as communication liaison between the office/direct reports by providing advice&speaking for the executive.
• Routinely represents the executive's point of view/proactively makes decisions on behalf (w/in established parameters).
• Assists/advises direct reports to ensure their recommendations&reports are coordinated across the organization&thoroughly crafted.
• Partners w/a variety of individuals on projects or on issues that require resolution.
• Drives internal planning processes associated w/the development of a functional area goals&priorities.
• Directs the development&execution of the functional area's operating&capital budgeting process,as well as ensures the development of accurate monthly forecasts.
• Supports the planning,management&execution of key business processes associated w/management of the applicable functional area,including but not limited to performance management,strategic planning,communications&tactical initiatives.Applies process improvement methods&tools to improve&/or redesign organizational business processes.
• Leads&/or participates on priority projects for the executive.
• Partners w/direct reports of the executive to achieve functional area&organizational objectives.
• May independently lead&/or facilitates the achievement of organizational goals&objectives on behalf of the executive.
• May lead large projects or oversee regional programs such as complex improvement projects to identify&resolve issues of strategic importance.
• Develops proposals outlining proposed project structure,approach&work plan.
• Designs research plans for data gathering&analysis.
• Interprets analysis&develops action plans accordingly.
• Provides direction to content experts of the responsible technical area.
• Provides leadership&expert consultation on the design,development&implementation of programs.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in consulting, operations or project management ideally in a health care setting.
• Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
• Demonstrated performance in strategic/operational analysis and planning, analytical techniques, financial and market assessments.
• Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and political astuteness. Superior communication, consulting, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management, problem resolution, change management skills and consensus building skills. Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing a wide range of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to structure, drive and execute complex multi-disciplinary issues to closure with minimal direction.
• Proven ability to effectively manage in ambiguous situations with minimal direction. Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management. Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration. Outstanding written and oral communication skills required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Expert knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
• Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
• Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
• Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
• Applies complex principles, theories, and concepts.
• Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
• 5-8 years of management experience and 10-15 years of related experience.
• Master's Degree Preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 7 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...