Senior Facility Technician
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Facility Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Denver, CO; New York, NY; Reston, VA; Chicago, IL
As a member of the company's Facilities team, the Senior Facility Technician will be responsible for providing field level technical expertise and program management for the maintenance and operation of the site infrastructure and base building support systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advise the Facility Manager in the development and supervision of the facility maintenance program and equipment/system operation.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, heat rejection systems, and fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Technical point of contact for all aspects concerning the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of infrastructure systems.
- Participate in the overall facility design and construction from an operating and maintainability point of view.
- With the approval of the Facility Manager and Regional Facilities Director, develop and implement new maintenance standards, as well as work to improve existing standards to support site operations.
- Supervise and critique work performance by subcontractors to ensure adherence to standards, schedules and specifications. This includes any third party contract hires to support data center and base building infrastructure.
- Assist Facility Manager with the database management of maintenance discrepancies and work with Operations management to resolve site issues based on agreed upon priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical support systems. Technical experience is preferred over management skills.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical support systems.
- Ability to use test equipment such as power quality meters, thermal imaging cameras, multi-meters, and other test equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment operation.
- 2/3 of the time
Ability to walk 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
Ability to climb and balance 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
Ability to smell, talk & hear
Ability to use hands to type, handle & feel
Ability to reach with hands and arms
Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds 1/3 of the time