System Administrator EXAMPLES OF DUTIES PERFORMED This list of duties is not exhaustive, and duties may be added, deleted or changed at any time. 1. Install, configure, and support multi-tiered systems applications. 2.
Tune and customize operating systems (Linux, Windows, VMware) to support specific applications for best performance. 3. Perform root cause analysis of reoccurring application and system issues. 4.
Develop custom scripts using Perl, Python, or other scripting languages to support system and applications. 5. Identify needs and develop technical standards following best practices and how they can be best applied in the environment. 6.
Review performance of the infrastructure, perform trending analysis, and make recommendations to address capacity needs. 7. Support 2 nd tier service desk incident management 8. Provide 24/7 support in an on-call rotation.
9. Perform other duties as needed, and as directed by supervisor. REQUIREMENTS 1. Education : Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Experience : · Minimum of 3~5 years Systems Administration experience in Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Solaris is required. · Minimum of 1~3 years’ experience with VMware, ESXi and vSphere as well as working knowledge with storage, networking routing/switching in those environments. · Minimum of 3 years experience with IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server, SharePoint, Apache http servers and Java application servers, preferably Tomcat, JBoss and/or Glassfish, is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Active Directory and LDAP administration and troubleshooting · Minimum of 3 years experience with Perl and/or other scripting languages is required. 3. Equipment : Midrange X64 Systems, Dell and HP 4. License / Certificate : · Red Hat Certified Technician certification a plus.
- Microsoft Certifications a plus · ITIL Foundation Certification a plus. · Certificates in any of the above mentioned a plus. 5. Skills / Abilities : · Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. · Ability to train less experienced personnel on administration tasks and basic troubleshooting techniques. · Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel in person and by telephone in stressful situations. · Ability to take lead role in small projects.
- Some moderate lifting may be required. · Occasional overtime may be required.
Scripps Networks - 19 months ago