Lead Oracle Business Analyst-RTR
Job ID #: 20494
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Position Overview: Lead Oracle Business Analyst (RTR)
Expedia is in the process of implementing our financial systems transformation project which includes the implementation of Oracle E- Business Suite (EBS) R12 core modules: Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Receivables, Purchasing, Payables, Fixed Assets and General Ledger. Desired skills for the ideal candidate include a deep functional knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Order to Cash business processes (Order Management, Accounts Receivable and Advanced Collections) Oracle Application schema and SQL.
The primary function of this role is to serve as a liaison between financial business owners and Expedia Technology Services (ETS) in the Order to Cash process stream (Order Management, Receivables & Advanced Collections). The work requires expertise in understanding current business processes and the modification of those processes to facilitate the implementation of our new Oracle EBS platform. The individual must be able to manage simultaneous work efforts independently; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and have a desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external stakeholders.
The Corp IT team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia’s employees and partners to perform their roles every day and run the company. You would be a critical part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our employee and partner experience across web and mobile platforms, empowering thousands of employees and partners to work and deliver every day. We are passionate and relentless in our drive to provide great tools for collaboration and a robust back office suite of mission critical applications.
- Understand and represent the complexities and interdependencies of the Oracle Financials business processes for Order to Cash across our core modules.
- Lead and document business requirements, fit/gap analysis and functional design.
- Assess impacts of system changes and ensure effective delivery of application functionality and integration.
- Design and build specifications appropriate to business objectives.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve current procedures and processes.
- Design and develop operational workflows, including the development and execution of roll out strategies, cut-over/transition plans, end- user training and support, and end-user documentation.
- Provide assistance to our Oracle Financials user community by addressing functional anomalies, and end user questions/ issues.
- Empower end-users through instruction and functional knowledge transfer.
- Partner with external consultant project team members in all phases of our project delivery.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- 5-7 years of experience implementing and supporting Oracle Financials (recent R12 experience required) in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment.
- Modules: Order Management, Receivables, Advanced Collections & Sub Ledger Accounting
- 3-5 full life-cycle Oracle implementations (preferred).
- Other desired functional expertise in order of preference: EBTax and Payments.
Core Competencies :
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, information systems, or related area required
- Advanced degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
About Expedia, Inc.
- Ability to serve as the internal application consultant and champion to our business process owners.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts, terminology methods and accounting processes.
- Effective leadership and communication skills - including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Team player who effectively interacts with peers, stakeholders, end users and technical partners.
- Driven to complete activities on time and draw issues to closure.
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and customer focused.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated individual who exercises solid judgment and ability to push self & others for results.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, with a focus on high-priority items.
Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE - News) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc. Stay up to date on our latest career opportunities by following @Expedia_Jobs *LI-SF
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 30 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Leading discount travel site Hotwire®, which offers opaque deals in nine countries on its eight sites in North America and Europe
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- China's second largest booking site eLong™
- Leading agency hotel company Venere.com™
- Destination services and activities provider Expedia Local Expert®
- Luxury travel specialist Classic Vacations®
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...