This position will serve as a member of the Robinson Nuclear Plant Major Projects Design Engineering I&C/Electrical Group. The final grade level of the position will be determined based on candidate qualification and interview results. The individual in this position will provide review and oversight of Architect Engineering (AE) design activities associated with performing modifications to the Robinson Nuclear Plant. In addition, the individual is expected to prepare plant modifications, calculations, and associated documents as a result of implementing modifications. As a member of the Robinson Nuclear Plant Major Projects Design Group, this individual is expected to qualify as a Responsible Electrical Design Engineer for the purposes of preparing modifications and associated documents in accordance with applicable station procedures and requirements.
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
- BS in engineering from an accredited university
- 3 to 5 years experience as an Electrical engineer.
- Electrical design engineering experience supporting an operating nuclear facility
- Ability to obtain unescorted access to nuclear facilities
- Effective written communications including technical writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and work within established organizational and work execution rules and processes.
- Experience with Invensys Triconex and/or Honeywell Experion equipment.
- Experience preparing plant modifications, calculations, and associated documents
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge and application of cyber security protections in accordance with 10 CFR 73.54.
- Operating Nuclear Plant Experience
- Subject to callouts and required to be available to respond as needed including weekends and holidays.
- Subject to work in all areas of a nuclear generation facility with exposure to heat, cold, noise, and radiation.
- Required to access plant areas where it may be required to climb ladders, stoop, bend, and/or crawl.
- Emergency Response Organization Duty rotation may be required.
- Normal work schedule is Monday - Thursday, 10 hr/day.
- Some travel back and forth to external offices may be required to participate in reviews, meetings, etc.
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...