PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Solutions Consultant (SC) works with their business partners outside of formal projects to continually identify new opportunities to achieve business goals. You will consult with business partners to understand their goals and objectives on a regular basis. You will be responsible for clarifying and validating the business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. You will also work closely with the enterprise architects to bridge the technical strategy with the business strategy. You may provide consultancy in GBS&T strategy and planning, workflow and process design, and product development. You will mentor and consult with Solutions Analysts in large, complex, and potentially enterprise-wide projects and to other project teams and clients.
- Builds and sustains trusted partnerships and relationships across business and technical functions and external organizations.
- Interacts with various management and associate levels to understand problems and opportunities and to communicate ideas, strategies and solutions. Often creates and/or provides input for Concept Brief documents.
- Key contributor to facilitating communications between GBS&T and the business. Often creates and/or provides input to the business case to justify the investment necessary to deliver a proposed solution.
- Incorporates understanding of the business architecture of the organization being analyzed including the organizational structure and relationships that exist between business units to provide guidance on project approach, potential solutions to various projects, and problems and opportunities.
- Stays abreast of business strategy and needs and technology leveraged by the business channels they support and leverage that information in support of the business.
- Proactively monitors industry trends (both financial and software).
- Leads requirements planning efforts and provides regular feedback to Solutions Analysts throughout the Requirements Phase.
- Uses high level business, product and system knowledge to offer consultancy to Project Mangers and Project Leads seeking to ensure that overall project schedule and priorities are in line with process and system dependencies and design.
- Depending upon the project, may assume the role of Project Lead.
- Assists in the development of staffing requirements and resource needs for solution efforts and recommends skill sets that should be represented based on the nature and scope of the project.
- Helps business partners identify and clarify their goals and business requirements.
- Assists Analysts with validating requirements elicited match the stakeholder's understanding of the problem and stakeholder needs on high complexity projects.
- Coaches Analysts on appropriate tools, techniques and methods to progressively elaborate and analyze requirements.
- Communicates business needs with GBS&T infrastructure and architecture groups to determine alignment between business needs and infrastructure capabilities.
- Provides consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability and usability of solutions (process and/or technology) to project requirements.
- Works with business partners to assess related business process changes and impact to users/clients.
- Guides business partners to ensure communication and organizational preparedness activities occur to address changes as a result of process and/or system changes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve.
- Reviews requirements for multiple projects, ensures that documentation is consistent and falls within the standards of the Solution Delivery Methodology.
- Coaches analysts on SDM best practices, solutions analysis tools, industry knowledge.
- Evaluates trends and metrics from production support/application management to help guide the business on future projects and initiatives.
- Evaluates post deployment issues and success to apply best practices to future initiatives.
- Continues to educate self on business to continue to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via people/process/technology changes for the business.
- Continues to educate self analytically and/or technically to keep up to date and ensure their ability to work on a variety of solutions for the business.
OneWire Inc. - 12 months ago
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...