Position: Java Programmer for SafeRack LLC, a Six Axis company
Location: Andrews, SC
Description: Six Axis LLC, among Inc.’s 500 fastest growing firms, and owner of SafeRack LLC, a manufacturer of loading platforms and safety / protection equipment has an opening for a Java programmer, a key position within the firm’s IT / IS team. SafeRack has doubled in size over the past two years, and with a strong book of business, is expected to double again in the next two years. As a result of extensive growth and expanding product lines, the firm seeks to strengthen its entire IT department and IS capability to support growth and forge even greater competitive advantage. This profitable manufacturing firm with stellar customer base (e.g. Hunt Energy, Shell, Phillips, Boeing, Gulfstream) who demand excellence in operations and on time delivery.
The Six Axis parent company is the owner of SafeRack Manufacturing LLC, the manufacturing arm, as well Atlatl, a software development firm which serves principally manufacturing firms and develops customized product configurators which help demonstrate various product designs and features, helping increase sales and close faster.
The programmer position will be the in-house guru and developer of our firm’s enterprise software platform. This position is a significant leadership role in helping the firm expand its tools for competitive advantage, enabling: (a) improved production planning across work centers, (b) faster customer response time, (c) clear performance metrics (e.g. on time delivery) available for customers, (d) map value of production to assist production planning, (e) tools for faster financial and operational analysis, etc. In essence, this position will be brought aboard as the lead architect of the firm’s enterprise software and applications which drive off of that platform to support SafeRack’s growth. Additionally, this role will help reduce dependency on external ABAS platform consultancy as the firm grows and develops more sophisticated capability.
The position will report to the IT Manager and have extensive visibility to the CEO and CFO. Additionally, this role will also have significant exposure to the firm’s enterprise software provider, abas-USA, (a division of ABAS Software AG; HQ’d in Germany), a global provider of ERP software which has among its specialties, job shop manufacturing and businesses similar to SafeRack. ABAS uses a flexible user interface FOP, a proprietary 4GL language. API’s available for database access and includes Java based framework (A100, C, C++, C sharp, VB, and VBA).
- Design, build and maintain a scalable robust, functional enterprise platform which enhances the functionality of various features and modules for Six Axis users
- Co-lead development (with IT Manager) in developing the firm’s overall architecture of our ERP, continuously advancing ABAS software applications which support business user functionality, analysis, and performance, as well as enterprise growth and profitability
- Develop training programs and assist in elevating the firm’s ERP knowledge and user skill
- Field questions and address ABAS functionality for various internal functions and departments
- Guide database administrators to improve user understanding and response time
- Produce clear, well-documented code and flow diagrams
- Assist in guiding development of other IT member’s execution of queries and infosystems, enhancing user reporting and analysis
- Guide and develop data base administrator roles in order to help develop broader ERP capability within the firm
- Be the resident expert for addressing how to effect change in a variety of areas such as changing of BOM’s, part number schema changes, various report modifications, etc.
- Participate with business leaders, learning business requirements and providing solutions via programming revisions / introductions which produce measures and reports in keeping with the firms strategic direction.
- Design programs which integrate new ventures into the firm’s core ERP platform.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead a small to moderate size firms including technical and non-technical members
- Preferably, 4 year college degree
Red Hat linux
4GL language experiences
Relatively local area candidates to be considered first.
SIX AXIS LLC and the ATLATL STORY: Six Axis LLC, privately owned and in business since 2003, has been named among Inc.’s 500 fastest growing firms. Six Axis designs, manufactures, sells and installs engineered loading platforms and fall protection equipment for various industries such as oil and gas, chemical, concrete manufacturing, and a variety of industrial firms. Six Axis operates this business under brand names Safe Rack and Erect-A Step. The business has doubled in size over the past couple of years. Based upon current momentum, the business is expected to double again over the next two years. Headcount has nearly doubled to approximately 190 persons in the past two years. The need for experienced personnel with broader skill sets has increased and will continue...
Within the past two years, Six Axis developed a proprietary Java based software solution called Atlatl. This product, a 3D visual configurator, was originally developed to enhance SafeRack’s selling effort and expedite the sales cycle. The product enables a sales professional, using a computer tablet, to sit with a customer, design a customized solution, produce engineering drawings, and provide a cost estimate, all in one meeting vs. the historical multiple sessions and reviews. Modifications and alternatives can be explored in real time. This solution not only significantly reduces the selling cycle but helps improve closing rates. As a result, many SafeRack customers, having been presented SafeRack’s offering via the Atlatl configurator, have requested and paid Six Axis for the right to license Atlatl, customized for their respective businesses. SafeRack has spawned a new, growing business with rapidly expanding clientele. The Atlatl software is proprietary with patent pending