Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Luminant is the largest power generator in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
Mine Supervisor, Operations
This position is responsible for the supervision, planning and scheduling of operations, personnel, equipment and other resources in a safe, reliable, efficient, environmentally sound and cost effective manner to support the business unit performance measures.
- Supervise, plan and schedule the operation and/or maintenance of mining equipment, railroad and coal load out facilities to ensure cost effective and timely utilization of personnel and equipment in support of the mine operations.
- Supervise and enforce compliance of safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment and increase the safety awareness of all employees.
- Supervise and develop a diverse work force utilizing company policy, labor agreement, work rules and the administration of positive discipline procedures to ensure the fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Effectively interface with subordinates and other Luminant personnel to ensure consistent work practices and sharing of knowledge to optimize in performing maintenance activities.
- Supervises the work force to ensure compliance of all environmental and regulatory statutes.
- Participate in special projects and committee assignments as needed.
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Related experience that promotes development in the areas described by the major accountabilities and key competencies of this job.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and leadership skills necessary to effectively lead people.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple demands.
- Knowledgeable of company policies and state and federal regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Basic PC skills
Energy Future Holdings - 12 months ago
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy...