Sales and marketing responsibility for the US Epoxides business with over $40M in annual revenue and $4M of operating profit. The role combines both a sales and marketing function, requiring key account management of all major customers and distributors, negotiating on contracts and bids and market development activities which drive further growth of the business with a major focus on specialties. The individual will interface regularly with Customer Service, R&D and Supply Chain and reports into the Business Manager, Epoxides and Container Glass.
• Account management responsibility for existing customers and distributors. Develop a network of key contacts at each account comprising Purchasing, Business, Marketing, Manufacturing, Executive and Technical groups.
• Creates annual key account plans with customer strategies and milestones which support the annual business plan.
• Negotiates and manages the price and volume strategy for customers in the USA with input from the Business Manager.
• Negotiates contracts with input from the Business Manager.
• Ensures order-winning product delivery by coordinating customer forecasts with Supply Chain, resolving invoicing and pricing issues and is proactive in the collection process.
• Develops and executes marketing plans to drive growth and profitability in specialty Epoxides.
• Identifies new prospects for Epoxides and leads the development of new customer driven applications to support the growth strategy of the business.
• Bachelor's Degree in business or science needed to understand the technical, financial and economic aspects of the job.
• 8+ years experience in sales and/or marketing with proven success in generating sales
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills.
• Ability to develop and execute Key Account Plans: tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, deliverables.
• Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing a deal/sale, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company.
• Ability to understand customer needs and desires within the context of Arkema's account goals; Ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel, from the factory floor up to Business leaders
• Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and a good understanding of SAP.
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment.
• Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
Arkema - 19 months ago
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...