Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hrs/week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in five primary markets: Transportation, Live Events, Schools & Theatres, Commercial and International. Our Personnel department is responsible for employee communications. Daktronics is committed to regular and open communications with our employees.
1. Creating news content, interviewing employees, writing articles and taking photos for our employee publications which include daily and bi-monthly newsletters, internal and external networks, and newspapers.
2. Support our recruiting efforts by writing employee stories for corporate newsletters, newspapers, magazines, internal and external web networks and distribution at job fairs and classroom presentations.
3. Write news releases and articles for new hires, employees of the quarter, retirements, events, internships and anniversaries.
4. Write biographies and news releases.
5. Take photos for human interest stories and at employee events.
6. Create the templates for other Personnel publications used to communicate benefits and other Personnel information to employees.
7. Complete special projects concerning employee or candidate communications. Perform other responsibilities and duties as needed or assigned.
1. The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, advertising, English or similar bachelor’s degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Demonstrates excellent writing and interviewing skills. Strong abilities in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office products. Ability to quickly learn new tools.
3. Friendly, positive approach to people. Must enjoy talking with and learning about people and their work.
4. Ability to work well with others in a team environment and to complete work in a timely and quality manner with minimal supervision.
5. A commitment and demonstrated ability for meeting deadlines.
6. Ability to work a reliable and dependable schedule.
7. Background check may be conducted.
8. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
9. Students must maintain an acceptable grade point average.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
11. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Daktronics - 7 months ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...