PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To keep the retail store properly stocked by unloading product deliveries in a timely manner and moving product to the sales floor in compliance with approved store plan-o-grams and floor layouts.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Maintains a consistent and adequate stock of products on the sales floor and warehouse shelves in a neat, consistent and orderly condition.
• Assembles products for displays and customers as needed.
• Arranges displays to coordinate with sales promotions and the season and makes plan-o-gram (POG) revisions as directed.
• Downstocks, faces and fronts all merchandise as per Company Basic Operational Set Standards (BOSS) program.
• Assists customers in a professional and courteous manner, as needed, such as getting merchandise for them and helping load heavier items.
• Receives product in the store warehouse from the Company’s distribution centers or directly from vendors. Records and notifies Product Placement Lead of any issues.
• Completes required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Remains informed on all new and existing products and Merchandise programs.
• Reports any witnessed inappropriate activity or theft immediately to manager on duty.
• Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least 6 months of related work experience with product placement, store layouts or reading designed plan-o-grams or related equivalent training.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk and hear
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
• Thorough knowledge of the Company’s product lines.
• Knowledge of Company policies and procedures as they relate to assigned work.
• Ability to follow the direction of Lead as they relate to store layouts, displays and plan-o-grams.
• Demonstrated ability to keep the store properly stocked.
• Cooperates well as a team member.
• Works safely, and complies with all safety rules and work practices.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.