The Linux (RedHat & Suse) Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux server infrastructure for Fiserv’s Enterprise Technology Group (ETG). This is a critical position for ETG that will provide enterprise wide system reliability and innovation to our Irving, TX data center. The successful candidate will work with a talented team of system administrators while supporting multiple systems and technologies in a fast pace environment
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide 24X7 system administration and resolve distributed server issues
2. Support Novell Access Manager
3. Root cause analysis
4. Assist with maintaining PCI compliance
5. Identification of single points of failure that require remediation
6. Participate in ongoing operational projects
7. Provide recommendations for system automation or improved monitoring
8. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise
9. Document issues and associated resolutions to problems
10. Participate in OS patch management and coordination
11. Participate in DR testing as needed
12. Participate in technical on-call rotation
13. Support SHIFT HOURS from Monday- Friday 10am-7pm
Required Qualifications :Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience
Job Related Experience:
5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced distributed systems support or engineering position
5+ years’experience in RedHat Linux and/or Suse Linux server administration and engineering
2+ years’ experience administration of VMWARE ESX
- Experience in an enterprise-class IT organization, managing > 300 distributed (UNIX) servers
- Shell Scripting experience
- Experience with Web Servers including Apache, JBoss and Tomcat
- WebLogic experience
- Novell Access Manager highly desirable
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as, organization and documentation skills.
- Strong understanding of data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
- Familiar with standard security best practices.
- Knowledge of PCI Remediation and various audit requirements and remediation efforts
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity
- RHCE desirable.
- VMWare certifications a plus
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv - 2 years ago
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.