Posted by : Children's Memorial Hospital ( Employer Profile )
Posted date : Jan-10-11
Location : Chicago
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Project Coordinator - Media will coordinate media activities and strategies aimed to address the obesity epidemic as supported by the Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW) project sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This position will be the primary liaison between CPPW project staff and external media partners. Media activities will be coordinated with Cook County’s CPPW initiative and build upon current Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) and partner initiatives. Strategies will include paid and earned media, media advocacy, and the use of local neighborhood-based media outlets to raise awareness, educate the public, and mobilize Chicago residents to support policy, systems, and environmental changes to support healthy lifestyles throughout the city.
Project Duration: This position is funded by the CDC Communities Putting Prevention to Work program, a 24 month funded project term housed within the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) at Children’s Memorial Hospital.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Serve as a liaison between CLOCC staff, media subcontractors, Cook County’s CPPW media team, and CDC’s national media campaign to align and implement local, state, and national media-focused content and strategies related to obesity-prevention objectives. Tailor media content and strategies for local media outlets and audiences, as needed, ensuring approval of activities and messaging from appropriate sources.
2. Develop and coordinate a communications plan for CPPW messages to reach internal and external audiences, including but not limited to: preparing talking points and media briefings to support CPPW initiatives; drafting press releases, editorials, and op-eds; executing strategic e-marketing; and where appropriate, soliciting content, writing articles, editing copy, and overseeing approval process.
3. In coordination with CPPW partners, help brand the CPPW initiative and generate broad public awareness on issues related to obesity prevention, nutrition, and physical activity; develop fact sheets and creative materials, ensuring coordination and approval of activities and messaging with appropriate sources.
4. Coordinate the design, production, and distribution of timely communications and media materials, working with CPPW partners, graphic designers, printers, photographers, and other creative resources.
5. Stay current on Community Action Plan activities and link project milestone and objective achievements with earned and paid media opportunities.
6. Organize and facilitate media-related meetings and communication among the CPPW team and partners.
7. Collaborate with CLOCC’s Communications Manager to ensure integration of CPPW communications and media with broader CLOCC communications and media activities and strategies.
8. Perform tasks in support of day-to-day project operations; such as tracking workflow, reviewing materials and outputs, and providing other routine administrative support.
9. Participate in project meetings and prepare reports as needed.
NPO.net - 2 years ago
Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, is recognized as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country by rankings published in U.S. News...