• Report writing proficiency - a technical writing sample will be required
• Ability to write in clear and concise language
• Ability to produce technical documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), processes, concepts of operation, manuals, and various monthly/quarterly/annual reports that are produced and sent external to the organization.
• Ability to effectively engage with cyber forensics and cyber intelligence analysts to gather information in order to author work products.
• Ability to comprehend and edit cyber intelligence and cyber analytical reports as part of the quality assurance team.
• Ability to summarize complex content into concise reports highlighting key messages for consumption by senior level personnel both internal and external to the organization.
• Ability to write executive level communications.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint
• Proficiency in Microsoft office software and basic computer skills.
• Work experience working in a similar position and experience working with Military organizations/ activities
• Technical background and skills proficiency in the following areas: network communication, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware, knowledge of computer network defense operations and information assurance.
• Experience working in an organization that performs, or experience performing cyber intelligence analysis, computer network defense, or all-source analysis.
• Familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity
• Background in Quality Assurance
• MS Visio Experience
Specific Job Description
Technical Writer / Editor that will be a member of the Mission Support staff in the DoD-Defense Industrial Base Collaborative Information Sharing Environment (DCISE). Primary author and editor of technical and non-technical work products for various audiences internal and external to the organization.
Standard Job Description
Writes, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment. Includes writing such technical documentation as operational specifications, bulletins, articles, and marketing publications. Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new products and services or in making improvements, observing performance of experiments and methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and notes, trade and engineering journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0999 IS&GS-DEFENSE (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 18 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...