Brooklyn, New York
LIU Brooklyn is distinguished by dynamic curricula reflecting the great urban community it serves. Distinctive programs encompass the arts and media, the natural sciences, business, social policy, urban education, the health professions and pharmacy, and include the Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, the Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics, the D.P.T. in Physical Therapy and the Pharm.D. in Pharmacy. A vibrant urban oasis in downtown Brooklyn, this diverse and thriving campus offers academic excellence, personalized attention, small class size and flexible course schedules. In 2006, a $45-million Wellness, Recreation and Athletic Center was opened to serve the campus and the surrounding community. In 2007, the Cyber Café was launched, providing a high-tech hot spot for students and faculty members to meet and eat.
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred with at least two years of experience in residence hall management. Strong computer/database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel. Must be able to work effectively with students, families, professional and support staff.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of Residence Hall staff members
- Coordinate programming events in the hall with Residence Hall staff members
- Counsel and advise residential students with personal and/or behavioral-related issues
- Participate in the nightly duty and emergency on-call rotation
- Maintain daily office hours as directed
- Communicate and enforce both university and residence hall policies and procedures
- Serve as a departmental liaison to the university
- Assist with room inspections and damage billing
- Mediate and resolve roommate conflicts
- Assist with departmental special projects (mentor groups, admissions open-houses, computer lab staffing, and training).
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter (with salary requirement), resume and three references to: Raquel Collado, Office of Human Resources, Long Island University, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIU is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred with at least two years of experience in residence hall management
HigherEdJobs - 19 months ago