Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae turns education dreams into reality for its 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
1. Operations Management
a. Responsible for software tools to support Sallie Mae Enterprise collaboration tools.
b. Response for Unified Communication hardware set up and life cycle management.
c. Collaborate with technical resources in planning, designing, developing, testing, implementation and troubleshooting of software in support of Unified Communications.
d. Develop Standard Operating Procedures to support streamlined operation and maintaining a stable Unified communications infrastructure.
e. Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance and security standards in the operating environments
f. Meet with all levels of management including Contact Center to review strategy and progress with communication strategies.
g. Provide consultation and expertise to IT management and business areas to ensure maximum productivity as it relates to collaboration tools.
h. Manage a 24x7 enterprise operational environment that supports over 10000 people and act as point of escalation for technical team.
a) Collaborate with IT /Business Architects to define and deliver the strategy and architecture for products, team services and capabilities in the areas of voice, video and real-time collaboration
b) Deploy and institute solutions that support or enhance the common set of real-time services, products and capabilities used throughout the enterprise
c) Influence and move the Sallie Mae culture to one that values and uses real-time communication technologies which includes voice, video, audio and web conferencing
d) Establish and track metrics and measures to define the success of real-time capabilities in driving business results
e) Participate in communities and forums for continued business inputs & responses and sharing best practices
3. People/Resource Management
a. Manage highly skilled technical staff including hire, terminate, administer disciplinary action, and evaluate performance, and coach behavior.
b. Plan and forecast budget for area.
c. Influence team and develop leadership qualities in team.
d. Manage priorities and workload to provide the team with appropriate wok life balance
e. Fosters collaboration and organization with customers and co-workers across technical, functional and cultural boundaries
f. Cultivates networking opportunities with peer organizations and encourages teams to do build on opportunities.
EXPERIENCE : MUST HAVE
* 5-7 years Unified Communications experience such as Cisco, Interactive Intelligence, Avaya
* 5-7 years Windows and Unix Operating Systems
* 5+ Years in understanding windows based business applications including .NET framework or Java
* Good working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Word, Excel , Powerpoint
* 10+ years of business experience
* 3-5 years IT consulting and/or management experience in a medium to large organization
* 3-5 years of technology management experience
* Experience with MS Exchange and Collaboration technologies
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Translate complex and abstract IT concepts into understandable and realizable business benefits
* Functional knowledge of UC team services, products and capabilities
* Ability to understand Sallie Mae's technology application architecture and infrastructure and how it supports critical business operations
* Strong project management skills
* Strong knowledge of business environment
* Strong interpersonal skills required for a team environment
* Strong written and oral communication skills including persuasion and facilitation skills
* Strong teambuilding skills
* Excellent team building talent and collaboration leadership qualities
* Excellent communication capability; written, verbal
* Able to identify, address or escalate potential dependencies and issues
* Business operating model and process knowledge as it relates to how real-time communications tools are deployed and utilized
* MS, Cisco, Interactive Certifications will bring added value etc.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Navient - 21 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...