(Highway Maintenance, TW2) Requires two years of experience in highway maintenance, or Highway Maintenance Certificate. Employee performs skilled work in the construction and maintenance of highways. May be exposed to hazardous working conditions and inclement weather.
IMPORTANT: You must wait at least 6 months (180 days) to re-apply for TW - Highway Maintenance.
Hiring Process: Your eligible score will be based on information provided in your application. We encourage applicants to apply online. This will speed processing. If you want to use a paper application please refer to Job Opportunities Web Site . Failure to follow application instructions can delay processing.
On your application be sure to include details about your training and experience in these areas:
- Any experience you have had in general highway maintenance, highway construction work. (REQUIRED)
- Any experience you have had operating equipment such as a dump truck, bulldozer, end loader, backhoe, tractor-trailer truck, etc.
- Any experience you have had performing minor mechanical repairs such as changing tires, oil, filters, or wiper blades.
- Any experience you have had performing welding duties.
- Any experience you have had performing large scale building construction work, such as hotel/motels, malls, office buildings and restaurants. (This could include pipe installation, pouring concrete, or pouring driveways or parking lots.)
- Any experience you have had as either a supervisor of or in teaching equipment operation or highway maintenance/construction.
- If you have had any experience as a Compaction Technician (This includes NICET experience and concrete and asphalt inspection.)
- If you possess a class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL). On your application you MUST provide your CDL number and the expiration date.
Your application will not be accepted if you do not meet stated minimum requirements.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Highway Maintenance
Applicants who do not have the specific type and amount of experience in the area of assignment will be rejected.
No formal education required.
Two years of full-time or equivalent part-time paid or non-paid experience in highway maintenance.
Substitution: Highway Maintenance Certificate/completion of an approved training course in Skilled Trades PLUS the Roads Scholar training course by the Technology Transfer Center at West Virginia University shall be accepted for the required experience.
Special Requirements: A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license. A valid class A or B Commercial Driver's License may be required at the discretion of the appointing authority. Some positions may require certification in the assigned area after appointment.
IMPORTANT: Due to application volume you must wait at least 6 months (180 days) to re-apply for TW Highway Maintenance. Generally, re-applying will not improve your chances for referral. If you have a substantial change in your training and experience, such as completion of related vo-tech schooling or obtaining a CDL, prior to the end of the re-apply wait period, contact us for instructions on re-evaluation