Provides support at the dental office front desk to other team members and patients through excellent customer service and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with office manager to ensure all patients are provided prompt, quality customer service.
- Follow all Accounts Receivables policies.
- Offer patient alternate means of payment, i.e., third party financing.
- Ensure effective customer service telephone skills.
- Build a productive office schedule and ensure patients are re-appointed prior to leaving.
- Explain treatment plan to patients when necessary.
- In Office Manager’s absence, maintain petty cash and make daily bank deposit on time and accurately, in accordance with the Bank Deposit and Petty Cash policy.
- Exercise effective communication to ensure cooperation between the front office and the back office (including filtering down newsletters, correspondence and appropriate data).
- Be responsive to patients and patient complaints utilizing the online inquiry system.
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of paperwork.
- Assure safety – workers compensation incidents are reported accurately and timely, protective equipment is utilized and OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
- Complete insurance verifications two (2) business days prior to patients’ visits to determine coverage and benefit limits and link insurance in EagleSoft appropriately.
- Complete walkout process with each patient by reviewing charts to ensure that all information is written properly and procedures are documented and match the routing slip that the Doctor has submitted.
- Complete the End of Day process which includes submittal of insurance claims and pre-determinations as directed by office manager.
- Participate in morning huddles, chart reviews and routine office meetings.
- Participate in office checklist duties as assigned.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Basic clerical and administrative skills.
- Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous phone etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and dental terminology preferred.
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer, Word, and Excel required. Experience with dental software such as EagleSoft preferred.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Associate's Degree in business, or equivalent, and two years working experience. Has a working knowledge of the front and back office medical operation.
- Prior management experience a plus.
Coast Dental Services, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Drs Legendre & Rochette: specialists in pet dental cleanings, tooth & jaw fracture repair, mass/tumor removal on dogs, cats,...