Performs specified patient care activities and basic clerical tasks under the direction of a Registered Nurse and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course; OR,
- Must have a medical assistant certificate; OR
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school; OR,
- Must successfully complete Parkland’s 8-week job specific training program.
- Reclassifying employees must successfully complete the Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Advanced Skills educational program offered by Parkland Nursing Education; or present documentation that skills have been acquired.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
- Must pass PCA math and spelling tests with an 80% minimum score. Successful completion of Parkland’s job specific training program will waive the required PCA math and spelling tests.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
ParklandHealth&HospitalSystem - 4 years ago