Sr. Project Manager, Showtime Anytime
The Showtime Anytime Sr. Project Manager manages the execution of projects that drive Showtime’s business goals in evolving the Showtime Anytime service on all platforms.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Project Management, the Sr. Project Manager regularly works with developers, product owners, testers, and other business stakeholders in the process of delivering high-quality, timely products and features. The Sr. Project Manager comes in every day with a focus on continuous improvement.
The Sr. Project Manager will be expected to run the right tool for the job at hand, which means working with the in-house team’s agile scrum methods while also clearly tracking a project-centric view of the product roadmap. We also rely on development vendors for some of our key initiatives, and as such expert vendor management experience is required.
· Own project communication management; ensure that all meeting goals are noted, well communicated and eventually, complete.
· Monitor, communicate and crush project risks and roadblocks .
· Drive discussion when conflicts arise and work with the team on alternatives or different approaches. Find a way to make it happen.
· Work closely with management, developers, and project stakeholders to ensure coordination of overall software product delivery.
· Help with managing assignment of tasks throughout the development and testing effort.
· Develop project plans for key projects, driven by agile scrum planning techniques, that track progress of critical business objectives. Highlight and drive the resolution of risks surfaced by such plans.
· Track all the work necessary to get a project done.
· Work with the Showtime Anytime team to keep improving software development processes in order to create high-quality features efficiently.
· Review business / functional requirements for completeness and identify gaps, as needed.
· Coordinate deployment of products.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies and recommend and implement process changes as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Must be experienced with Agile Scrum methodologies.
· 3-5 years of experience in some aspect of the digital media industry, preferably video-based experiences and products.
· 5-7 years of experience with complex software development projects.
· Must have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Knowledge of Jira/Greenhopper/Confluence a plus.
· Have a little passion for the future of television.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant related field a plus, but not required.
· Relevant business certifications are noted.
When the curtain goes up on this cable broadcaster, it's really Showtime. Showtime Networks operates a portfolio of leading pay-TV...