Seabulk Towing is one of the leading tugboat operators in the United States. Seabulk Towing operates along the Gulf Coast and Southeastern Seaboard. We are currently seeking a Port Engineer to join our Tampa team.
The duties and responsibilties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Lessons-learned from incidents
- Responsible for all technical aspects of assigned towing vessels to maximize operational availability and readiness. This position will be assigned 3 to 5 harbor towing tugs.
- Planning and organization of maintenance, remedial, and modification work on individual vessels to ensure safe/working condition of hull, equipment, and machinery.
- Reporting on activities and time/cost requirements for maintenance and repair tasks to Director of Technical Services.
- Monitoring planned, preventive, and repair maintenance activities by crew through computerized planned maintenance system – NS5
- Coordination and supervising of approved contractors’ work on vessels.
- Planning, scheduling, and supervising all Class (ABS) and USCG periodical inspections and surveys as required to maintain class and regulatory documentation.
- Management of vessel drydockings, including spec preparation, bid evaluation, representing Owners during drydocking, and invoice settlement with contractors.
- Develop and present safety and vessel performance improvement projects to Director of Technical Services by analyzing:
Vessel performance evaluations
Feedback from vessel personnel
- Preparation and monitoring of repair and maintenance budgets for each vessel.
- Supervision and monitoring technical spares, stores, and services procurement.
- Management of consumables and spares inventory for the port.
- Maintenance of all technical records and plans.
- Active participation in Area Emergency Response Team
- Management inspection of vessels in assigned intervals.
- Performance of such other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as may be needed or directed by the Director of Technical Services.
SEACOR Holdings Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -