This position will be primarily responsible for the repair of rugged portable computing devices used by our client's depot facilities. The technician must have experience in working in hardware repair and must have experience in identifying faults and failures and applying the appropriate actions to ensure effective repair without the need for rework or retouch.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**
- 0 - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area and an Associate's degree or equivalent
- Solid hardware / mobile device support experience
- Knowledge of commonly-used Tech Support concepts, practices, and procedures
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...