If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in Procurement as a Buyer and have direct experience in the aerospace or aviation industry here is a great opportunity for you in our Special Mission Aircraft organization in Fort Worth.
Our Fort Worth facility, which is a part of Mission Systems, is seeking an experienced senior buyer production planner where the candidate will be immediately challenged in planning, preparing and issuing controlling production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. You will primarily be involved with coordinating material movement between warehouse and production areas.
The Integrated Systems Division is part of the Mission Systems Group that specializes in Special Missions Aircraft organization and is a leader in Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) solutions and services and specialized sensor and weapon system technology. Mission Systems has annual sales of more than $4.5 Billion and approximately 7,000 employees in 21 states.
- Here the candidate will be reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager where you may be purchasing machinery, equipment, tools, packaging material, parts, services and supplies necessary for the daily operation of the organization.
- The Sr. Buyer will establish, maintain, and monitor supplier agreements of medium to high dollar, risk and/or complexity.
- Provide estimates of the cost of various commodities of responsibilty and provide price objectives in support of customer's RFPs.
- Compiling and analyzing data to ensure PO’s are within program budget, assist in forecasting for ETC and sales purposes, track cost savings and cost avoidances, establish billing and payment terms which may include milestones.
- Provide support SCM metrics and initiatives as they apply.
- In the performance of your duties you will write contract language and initiatives including terms and conditions and special provisions for medium complex items.
- The successful candidate for this position will need to develop and monitor sourcing strategy including supplier selection, recommendation and rationalization, along with doing risk assessments, supplier viability, and material obsolescence. You will be called upon to support audits both internal and external such as DCAA, DCMA, FAA, CPSR, SOX and Small Business Administration.
Education & Experience
Desired Technical Skills
- BS or BA degree in Finance or SCM or the equivalent in relevant aerospace/aviation industry experience
- 5 years experience in manufacturing and 3 years procurement or strategic sourcing preferred as a senior buyer..
- Strong skill set of Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc. and good understand the process for applying security regulations concerning plant visits, foreign visitors and sharing information.
- Good working knowledge of government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, CPSR
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance.
- Proficent use of all MS Office application. (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
ATK offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, recognition for individual skills and accomplishments, and advancement opportunities.
- Develop and manage the RFI/RFP process with suppliers.
- Negotiate Purchase Orderss, teaming and strategic agreements.
- Ability to write Statement of Work contracts with deliverables.
- Capability to perform cost/price and best value analysis and total cost of ownership.
- Ability to read and understand technical doumentation. (Specifications, drawings etc.) EVMS experience a plus.
ATK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job
Add to job cart
Send job to a friend
View similar jobs
Back to top
© 2005-2009 Alliant Techsystems Inc. — All rights reserved.
ATK - 4 years ago