PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES : Note: Only local, Florida residents will be considered
The Berry business unit is a fast paced, competitive business that is made up of a consortium of growers and coolers throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, and South America. The principal responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will assist the Mexico operations with various duties as outlined below they are:
· Excellent BiLingual English/Spanish skills required.
· Prepares various reports showing weekly production, estimates, truck shipments, and fruit crossings for Mexico Operations, accuracy is essential.
· Books airline, hotel, and car reservations for all travel domestic and International .
· Prepares expense reports.
· Translates documents accuracy is essential.
· Orders supplies for office.
· Picks up mail from main office and delivers.
· Prepares Federal Express items for delivery.
· Assists in various projects as needed.
· Files as needed.
· Prepares end of season books for Mexico Operations.
· Assists in preparing Production books and reports for Farming Operations.
· Communicates with personnel in Mexico as needed.
· Prepares check requests.
· Assists all members of Mexico/Farming team as needed.
· Follow all food Safety Requirements’ and Good Manufacturing Practices as applicable to this position
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalency.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years overall experience in a fast paced office environment with filling, copying, typing (35 wpm +). Agriculture and / or produce experience helpful.
SKILLS: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish .Strong PC and Mainframe, JD Edwards, Lotus Notes, Excel, Word and Power Point and/or similar BI platform systems knowledge. Ability to follow procedures, multi- task, and prioritize various projects accuracy is essential and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
ADDITIONAL: Self-motivated and able to perform in a high-pressure environment. Must be able to foster an environment of Team work and Leadership within the Farming Operations Team in this fast paced environment. Ability to manage long-distance professional relationships, and to accept constructive criticism. Knowledge of GAAP is helpful. Strong computer, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Dole Food Company - 9 months ago