The Director of Social Services I plans, develops, organizes, evaluates and directs the overall operation of the Social Services department in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics and maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, Genesis policies and procedures, and standards of care for specialty practice.
The Director of Social Services I is a member of the interdisciplinary and management team of the nursing center and may directly supervise one member of the Social Services staff in the facility. The Director of Social Services I is responsible for fostering a climate, policies, and routines that enable residents to maximize their individuality, independence, and dignity. This climate shall provide patients/residents with the highest practical level of physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and quality of life.
Specific Educational Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Social Work. Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work preferred.
2. Must possess any certifications/licensures as required by State of employment to practice in long term care.
3. 1-3 years of supervised Social Services experience in health care setting working directly with individuals preferred.
4. Additional certification such as Geriatric Case Management, Hospice & Palliative Care, Gerontology, Clinical Social Work, Health Care, Nephrology, Mental Health, and/or Substance Abuse preferred.
5. Management/administrative/supervisory experience preferred
Genesis HealthCare - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled nursing...