The Principal Meter Engineer will be responsible to project manage the day-to-day activities related to the Mueller Systems development engineering. They serve as the technology and design control liaison between the development and manufacturing teams. The PMtE will lead the implementation of Meter System designs from concept through Validation & Verification testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure that the project is completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
Allocation and direction of staff according to their strengths or disciplines needed for project completion
Resolving engineering and design test problems
Evaluates changes and product specifications, submit for Approval
Prepares progress reports and presentations for upper level management through the duration of the projects
Designs new product models, test methods, and packaging requirements
Ensuring design control procedures are followed and associated project documents are completed.
MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
15 plus years as the Primary Contributor in Product Development of high volume PD meters.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
INTERNAL KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of Positive Displacement meters for Residential Metering developed to compete in the cost competitive / high volume market.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in influencing relationships on all levels (engineer, manager, and senior levels of engineering and legal/ finance etc).
- Demonstrated teamwork, process orientation, resilience and decision making skills
- Understanding and experience working in global engineering environment.
- 3D CAD modeling experience, preferably Pre Engineer Wildfire or Creo.
This position interacts with the entire engineering department, quality department and management staff in order to coordinate project design initiatives. They will help define key process metrics necessary for Mueller to be successful with product introduction throughout the facility. They will coordinate and supervise mechanical engineers daily activity to ensure that the company metrics are being met on schedule. The outcomes from all of these interactions will help drive yield and productivity metrics while maintaining safety and quality standards.
EXTERNAL KEY RELATIONSHIPS
This position will interact with equipment vendors for quality or productivity improvements. They will be expected to interact with approval agencies to insure that our products continue to conform to standards such as NSF, UL, and FM. The position will be responsible for customer interactions for technical details that neither customer service nor product managers can provide.
Mueller Systems - 16 months ago
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...