preferred qualification, current Deerfield Distribution associate
• performing a number of functions on a variety of equipment according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; repair manuals; factory specifications; blue prints; schematics; and his or her own knowledge of the equipment and
• assisting in other duties as assigned.
• be at least 18 years old
• be able to work nights
• be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
• be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
• be able to read, write, and solve math problems
• successfully complete the following tests (before his or her start date in the position)
• Following Written Directions
• Space Visualization
• Mechanical Aptitude
• be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
• be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and system schematics
• be capable of generating and processing work on a computerized-maintenance management system
• be able to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
• have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
• show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
• show commitment to Publix’s mission.
• current Deerfield Distribution associate
• basic knowledge in pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory, including three phase power, A.C. and D.C. power circuits, motor controls and programmable logic controllers
• basic working knowledge of various electrical and industrial codes
• basic knowledge of the crane system and conveyor equipment
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time; also involves working in a wet environment.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue of bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...