The purpose of this position is to deliver high-quality, scalable client-server and web-based business applications to the enterprise, its operating units and customers. Laureate Inc. is currently looking to add a qualified Senior Applications Developer to our staff. The Developer will have strong experience building Enterprise Systems using Service Oriented and Object Oriented design and development. The Developer will have advanced skills in areas such as software factories and software patterns as well as web service protocols. Additionally, experience with Microsoft technologies such as C#,VB.NET, ASP.Net, XML and Oracle/MS SQL Server.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Designs, codes, tests, implements, and maintains business applications on corporate intranet, public internet, and internal desktop platforms.
- Participates in an iterative development production process, including the implementation of systems or processes based on technical specifications or less formal collection of user requirements; and, provides server application support, database administration, and Internet services administration.
- Provides technical documentation for new and existing applications to maintain accuracy for future development.
- Researches and possibly implements new technologies for future projects and/or existing applications
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- Must have excellent application development skills and proven track record delivering well designed complex enterprise class systems
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development, technology concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must have proven advanced experience using and migrating to leading technologies
- Advanced demonstrated experience with object oriented design and development techniques using Microsoft technologies and Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies specifically Waterfall and Agile
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must be able to quickly establish trust and credibility within the application development staff
- Must have excellent written communication and verbal communication
- Must have excellent technical development and design skills and be able to mentor others to improve their skills
- Professional-level experience in development and architecture using
- ASP, ASP.NET
- JSON/AJAX Architectures
- XML, XLST
- Content Management System ( Preferably Sitecore)
- SQL Server Development
- Service Oriented Architecture
- RESTful Web Service Architectures
- Oracle database and application server development
- Demonstrated creativity solving technology problems
- Must be a self-starter with proven experience accomplishing
- Experience in academic environments is a plus
Kendall College - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard