Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and lead strategic communications for CEA and CE industry, including promotion of industry trends, concepts and new product direction in support of assigned CEA divisions and departments, e.g., Video Division.
Develop strategic communications plans and messaging in support of CEA divisions and departments, initiatives and activities.
Serve as CEA media contact and spokesperson.
Provide support to CEA internal staff and departments, and act a communications liaison to CEA Market Research Department, designing and leading strategic campaigns for CEA market research news and reports.
Manage executive visibility campaign for CEA president and CEO Gary Shapiro, including op-ed writing, editing and dissemination; speaking engagement analysis, pitching and preparation; and high-level executive media opportunities.
Produce various written materials including press releases, industry promotional pieces, speeches, position papers, etc.
Manage associated budgets, vendors and consultants.
Support promotion of International CES (e.g., media interviews, strategy development, etc.) and promote industry trends at the CES.
Manage staff of two regarding CE industry communications activities.
Maintain technical and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; etc.
Other duties as required by business needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in a variety of online applications
- Experienced in management and budgeting
- Excellent writer and public speaker.
- 7-10 years’ experience working in marketing communications, public relations, or public affairs on advanced technology-related programs
- At least 2 years in a management environment, managing others and overseeing a program budget.
- Solid understanding of marketing and communications strategies and tactics
Budget and Staff:
- Total budget responsibilities approximately $350K
- Support from Communications Manager, Communications Coordinator
- Travel to the International CES is required.
- Some additional travel required.