PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides analytical support and guidance at the FMS division corporate level for functions related to the data integrity and operations of the FMS medical billing system, including but not limited to receivable financing reporting. Provides direction, advice and expertise to Business Unit billing personnel acting as a Medical Billing / Healthcare Receivable subject matter expert.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
The administration of the security following the established hierarchy.
- Completes required Monthly Investor Report and Top 10 Obligor reports for submission to Corporate Treasury by due date. Utilizes various financial software applications to develop the reports. Reports include the compilation of data received from numerous other sources including Financial DataMart and Quantitative Medical Systems (QMS).
- Discusses reports with Treasury Dept personnel specifically regarding report trends, resolving final Investor Report format issues and annual Investor Report audits.
- Completes the annual agreed upon Procedures Audit required to renew the receivable financing agreements.
- Administers various financial software applications. This may include but is not limited to:
Reviewing payer lists, requesting additions as needed.
Assisting in the resolution of applications questions and issues and providing second level support to the helpdesks
Conducting various audits on applications, taking corrective actions as needed including contacting the appropriate
personnel to ensure resolution.
Overseeing the Client Installation in Billing Groups and the registering of new clinics in the pertinent applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Provides training support to billing and financial offices as necessary on new applications that may be introduced or current applications that may be updated.
- Performs analysis functions and identifies trends that need additional follow-up / review as they relate to agings, problem payers, unapplied cash etc.
- Administers centralized system maintenance / support functions for the new Soarian receivable system. This includes, but is not limited to, price and contract maintenance.
- Assists with writing / maintaining policies and procedures utilizing Formatting Solutions Pro software.
- Acts as the Business Administrator for the FMS Document Imaging System. Reviews and implements new requests for introducing Document and Folder Types for DI. Acts as the business liaison to evaluate erroneous entries to DI Folders and coordinates movement of documents with DI Tech.
- Assists with the management of the Billing Group and Regional realignments as necessary, contacting the various personnel involved to ensure all pertinent procedures are followed pre and post realignment.
- Monitors and updates the FMS A/R Intranet web site, ensuring all documentation and guides appearing on the website are updated and current.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider 5+ years directly related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Healthcare Receiveable/Medical Billing experience or 1 to 3 years Receivable or Billing experience with an MBA;
- Extensive proficiency in Financial software applications and Microsoft Excel, Access, SAP Business Warehouse;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Prior training experience preferred;
- Understanding of revenue cycle;
- Fundamental knowledge of general accounting cycle;
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- A good understanding of General Accounting Principles.
Fresenius Medical Care - 22 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...