Job Number: nest-00030520
Research & Development
Research & Development
St. Louis MO
Relocation: If necessary, relocation assistance will be provided in accordance with Nestlé's relocation policy.
Join Nestlé Purina PetCare's Product Technology Center as a Senior Product Development Scientist - Litter. This successful individual will be responsible for planning, organizing, and performing R&D activities and collaborations required to create superior performing litter products (formulations, processes, etc.) and applicable technologies in support of global litter business objectives. He/she will also perform as a research project leader within the Pet Waste Management (PWM) product development team.
1. Innovation - Apply technical knowledge and project leadership to create new, original product concepts and intellectual property. Develop new products through differentiating technology, formulation and process development that achieve consumer-validated performance and appeal objectives.
2. Renovation - Develop new products or enhance existing products using known technologies in support of business objectives and consumer needs. Ability to apply relevant scientific knowledge to products/process.
3. Technology Development - Apply technical knowledge to develop expertise in litter odor control, fragrance development, clumping performance and other key product attributes required to ensure superior litter product performance as viewed by target segment consumers.
4. Project Management - Lead research projects. Effectively engage, communicate with and organize project activities with team members. Ensure all required project checkpoints, activities and milestones are effectively performed on assigned projects in compliance with Nestlé Purina project management methodologies.
5. Collaboration - Close collaboration with Marketing and Market Research colleagues to ensure product development activities and goals are well-aligned with target segment consumer expectations. Explore and build external and internal relationships with vendors and colleagues at other Nestlé R&D groups and businesses as appropriate to leverage technology and knowledge adjacencies that can add value to PWM product development objectives.
6. Support the quality assurance and regulatory compliance for existing and new materials used in pet waste management.
7. Maintain accurate records/logs of analytical data.
8. Effectively communicate results, orally and through written technical reports.
9. Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures.
10. Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment. Practice safety in the work area.
11. Travel as necessary.
1. Further develop R&D expertise and competence in the formulation, development and evaluation of litter products and product performance. 2. Provide an additional and credible source of technical support to the business globally.
3. Develop Nestlé Purina's core competence in all areas of PWM product development by identifying and vetting advanced technologies.
4. Secure appropriate external relationships to evaluating emerging technologies in the areas of odor control or liquid absorption (i.e., universities, advanced materials companies, consortia, etc.).
5. Propose and execute projects utilizing technical innovations that are applicable to Nestlé Purina's
6. Training of personnel from the client companies and within the research community as required.
7. Additional duties as assigned
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
' BS, MS or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Geochemistry, Mineralogy or other related scientific field.
' Minimum of 6 years experience in leading R&D projects and taking new products from concept through industrialization in manufacturing. Proven ability to conceptualize, develop and launch new products and technologies.
' Strong interpersonal skills and team work skills. Experience working closely with Marketing and working effectively on multi-functional project teams.
' Proven ability to develop research ideas and concepts which create or extend markets that are difficult to duplicate and highly valued by customers.
' Demonstrated technical team/project team leadership skills.
' Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
' SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
' Greater than 6 years of product development / formulation experience.
' Knowledge of or experience with the design and development of automated consumer products / devices (i.e., automated litter boxes, sensor activated sprays, automated liquid soap dispensers, automated coffee machines, etc).
' Experience working closely with Marketing and CMI, developing new products based on consumer insights. Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience a plus.
' Broad range of technical knowledge outside of area of specialty.
' Broad external network to universities, R&D consortia and other companies.
Nestle - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...