***This position is located in the Monmouth and Ocean County New Jersey areas
RHD’s new NJ RIST (Residential Intensive Support Team) program is seeking a Life Skills Specialist. The program’s goal is to support and encourage individuals who experience mental illness in the development of life skills required to sustain successful living in the community. RIST fosters a nurturing atmosphere of trust, support, independence, and safety.
The RIST program is based on RHD's common belief that by responding to the basic good and strength in people, we create our best opportunity for maximizing positive individual commitment and responsibility. This approach applies to staff, consumers, and families alike. RIST provides the holistic services needed to maintain independent living with community integration for individuals experiencing homelessness, chemical dependence, and mental illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supportive services to individuals with pre-existing medical and co-occurring disorders living independently in the community.
- Assist in building independent adult living skills in order to gain and maintain independence and reach personal growth potential.
- Assist participants in seeking their optimal wellness in eight domains: emotional, financial, social, spiritual, occupational, physical, intellectual, and environmental, while using the participant’s Recovery Support Plan, as a guide.
- Provide on-going personal development opportunities to participant through on-going life skills education and skills building, i.e., hygiene, nutrition, laundry, fire safety, cooking, financial, fitness, employment, conflict resolution, coping skills, planning, etc.
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- Maintain on-going communication with participant and RIST Team about the progress of the participant.
- Provide 24/7 on-call coverage for emergency and consultation.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possess high school diploma/GED plus 4 years of experience in the social service field or bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field plus 2 years of experience in the social service field.
The salary for this position is $33,000.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .