SmartBear Software provides enterprise-class yet affordable tools for development teams that care about software quality and performance. Our collaboration, performance profiling and testing tools already help more than 100,000 developers, testers, and operations professionals build & deliver some of the best software applications and websites in the world. SmartBear Software help teams improve software quality and performance throughout the entire application life cycle through programming excellence; QA efficiency & automation; and Web and Mobile application performance optimization. So they can deliver quality software anywhere to the Desktop, on mobile devices, on the Web and in the cloud. Things that make this job cool : Very large Debian deployment; Manage servers in 80+ locations, 6 continents, with little to no travel; Growing XEN infrastructure with mixed Debian, Ubuntu, Windows VMs; Fast-paced environment, supporting a large infrastructure with a small team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily administration and maintenance of central server architecture
- Debugging and performance tuning of existing and new infrastructure
- Building lots of new virtual and physical servers for both production and Dev/QA
- Working tickets submitted by development, engineering and support groups
- After-hours maintenance and on-call pager rotation
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- BS in Technical Field (Engineering, CS, Science) preferred
- Candidates should have at least basic admin experience with most of the following: Apache, DNS, SSH, samba, some sort of open source SQL
- Should be familiar with: vi, tcpdump, Isof, sed, awk, basic shell scripting, basic networking
- Extended experience with perl, apache, java, iptables, iproute2, debian package management, sendmail, CVS, git, MRTG/RRD, ipvs, puppet experience managing a networked computing environment
How to Apply
Please click the "Apply for this position" button below to send us your resume. Be sure to include the job title in your subject line.
SmartBear puts our users first so you’re ready to support your organization’s next-generation quality needs, regardless of...