Danfoss Turbocor Compressors, Inc. the pioneer and world leader of the oil-free centrifugal compressor product category, has an opening for an
(ElEng) in its Tallahassee, Florida Facility.
Danfoss Turbocor Compressors Inc, a leading edge technology company, is looking for an ElEng in the Operations Department with a desire to excel in a technically challenging environment. Our products are high speed, oil-free refrigeration compressors using magnetic bearings, variable speed direct drive and digital control technologies.
- Support assembly & test of electronic components/assemblies.
- Write technical documentation such as Work Instructions, System Specification, Design Documents, Test Requirements, Test reports and test procedures.
- Read, interpret and develop electronic schematics and diagrams.
- Design electronics (control and/or hi power).
- Make design for manufacturing improvements to electronics design.
- Participate in process/design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis to improve the process/design.
- Improve processes using continuous improvement tools (Lean experience & Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt required).
- Design & support fixtures & equipment both internal and external to the Tallahassee location.
- Train technicians in electronics processes and physical construction/ repair of equipment.
- Lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Must work well in group settings.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- May be called upon to make improvements in mechanical systems as well.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with quality policy, procedures and instructions to ensure product quality, customer satisfaction, attainment of business goals and environmental well-being.
- Strong computer skills
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations that affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Other duties may be assigned
Basic Minimum Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience with 5-10 years experience in supporting electronics in production environment.
- Lean Six Sigma or Design for Six Sigma Yellow/ Green belt certification required.
- Machine programming and design software experience desired.
- Multiple degrees or master’s degree preferred.
- Design experience in addition to production experience preferred.
The position reports to the Director of Operations Engineering. Danfoss Turbocor Compressors, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, Short-term and Long-term Disability, life insurance, a generous 401K plan and work-life balance. Danfoss Turbocor Compressors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Danfoss is a global leader within energy-efficient solutions. By joining us you become part of a worldwide team and apply your skills to help our stakeholders and industries meet the challenge of climate change. Our key competencies are cooling of food, air conditioning, control of electrical motors and heating in buildings – as well as solutions for renewable energy such as solar power. The Danfoss Group also comprises Sauer-Danfoss that is among the world’s leading manufacturers of mobile hydraulics. We have built up our competencies within energy-efficient solutions for almost a century and reliability, excellence, and innovation are central elements of how we approach challenges. Today Danfoss employs around 24,000 employees globally and has more than 100 sales companies around the world. Read more about Danfoss; www.Danfoss.com, and our energy-efficient solutions;
Danfoss is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Danfoss - 17 months ago
Danfoss builds what heats and cools us. A leading industrial company in Denmark, the global firm produces mechanical and electronic...