The Provider Network Support Assistant has accountability to maintain basic information in the PacificSource provider panel in the provider database. Assist the Provider Network Support Technicians in completing claims and provider updates daily.
1. Responsible for accurately entering and maintaining non-participating (non-par) provider data in the PacificSource database.
2. Provide excellent customer service to internal/external customers.
3. Maintain all non-par provider updates received from all returned mail and provider On-Base queues daily.
4. Provide assistance for the completion of all Provider Network claims daily.
5. Record, maintain, and change provider tax identification records for non-par providers.
6. Responsible for authorizing InTouch accounts.
7. Assist Provider Support Representatives and Technicians with ad hoc projects as needed.
8. Seek training opportunities within the department, including those pertaining to participating (par) providers.
9. Complete all other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years general office and customer service experience. Medical or insurance industry experience preferred.
Management skills: Utilize problem solving skills with effective time management.
Language skills: Effective written and oral communication.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required, including percentages, ratios, graphing and spreadsheet skills.
Reasoning Ability: Understand and enter data into the provider database. Able to prioritize and organize work.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registration: High school diploma or equivalent.
Other Skills and Abilities: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to navigate in a Windows operating environment. Fast and accurate data entry skills. Self motivated. Able to learn and be trained on new systems, databases, and applications.
Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment.
PacificSource is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
PacificSource Health Plans - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PacificSource Health Plans is anything but a typical health plan. We’re a growing, independent, not-for-profit organization with a...