The Strategic Alliance Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of Silverpop’s strategic business alliances. The goal of this position is to build & maintain Silverpop’s brand awareness within our partners’ organization (all levels), identify & drive high quality leads from our partners to the Silverpop sales team, and execute joint marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the relationship of 3 – 5 strategic partners
Understand partner's goals and objectives and what will make them successful
Networking; cultivate personal relationships within all levels of the partners organization (specifically sales, account managers, and management)
Develop creative sales & marketing programs that help increase Silverpop brand awareness within the partners organization & their client / prospect base
Create lead generation strategies & campaigns
Drive increased revenues as a result of leads generated from partner clients / prospects
Provide sales support to both the Silverpop & the partners sales team during partner influenced deals
Develop joint marketing calendar, go-to-market efforts, and determine participation levels at partner related events (i.e., conferences/events, panel/speaking opportunities)
Develop and execute field level joint marketing initiatives (e.g. events, webinars, whitepapers, etc.)
Manage to marketing budget and ensure effective use of funds to meet set marketing objectives
Meet lead generation / channel revenue goals
Understand the partners technology products and creatively look for opportunities to combine & integrate our products
Develop & own the partner joint technology integration roadmap and influence internal teams to deliver against the plan
Track and report on lead flow and opportunity status
This role will work closely with key departmental and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role. No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Cooperate with matrixed team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is a must.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently learn new technologies and apply those concepts to customer’s needs.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments & best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Capacity to develop & leverage competitive knowledge in sales situations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree required
- 5+ years of partnership management and / or channel sales experience
- Proven track record of delivering successful alliance marketing strategies to market
- Ability to independently initiate, manage and execute new marketing programs