Plum Creek is the United States' largest private land owner! We're listed on the S&P 500, located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, and legal. You will be part of our 70 person-distributed IT team working in Columbia Falls, Montana . Our team is driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals nationwide.
Our IT Operations in Montana are located in a truly magical place where the highest structures are still trees and wildlife still outnumbers the residents. We're located in the Flathead Valley, which stretches 60 square miles and features numerous lakes, wild and scenic rivers and adjacent peaks of Glacier National Park, and amazing powder days up at Whitefish Mountain Resort or Blacktail Ski Resort. You'll be able to build a rewarding and successful career with Plum Creek, while enjoying the low-key atmosphere of Montana that tends to make life in our tight-knit communities a happy and warm place to live and visit.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to strong technical skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and technologies that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life and between cutting edge and proven technology.
As an Infrastructure Analyst concentrating on voice communications (Lync), you will assist with the design and be technical lead on our Microsoft’s Lync Voice-over-IP solution. Our complex environment encompasses over 120 applications centralized in two main data centers supporting over 70 Virtual hosts spread out over 45 different locations running a total of ~800 Virtual Machines.
Your immediate focus will be on playing a lead role in defining the company’s long-term telephony strategy. A major area of emphasis will be the replacement of over 30 legacy PBX’s while consolidating vendors and contracts, driving down costs while delivering a highly available and resilient solution to the business.
A successful candidate will have in-depth experience working in VoIP telecommunications and networking. You will be continually challenged to deepen your knowledge and skills in the areas of telecommunications, Microsoft collaboration stack; Lync, Exchange, and SharePoint.
As an Infrastructure Analyst , you will:
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot critical systems and network communications related to voice technologies.
- Identify and implement technologies that improve efficiency, workflow, and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with management, architects, teams and business partners on all aspects of technology delivery (e.g. planning, testing, implementation, crisis management, technology standards and processes).
- Analyze and advise management on information technology trends, benefits and risks.
- Collaboratively define and maintain technology standards and processes.
- Support other IT teams in project implementation and/or problem resolution.
- Build productive working relationships with business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Technical certification(s) preferred. Single certification or any combination of the following: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISSP, GIAC, MCITP
- Minimum of three years' of progressive, relevant information technology experience required.
- Minimum of two years in network administration with experience managing PBX and VoIP systems is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the negotiation and purchasing of equipment, carrier services and maintenance contracts for telecommunications and network services preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience working with OCS, Lync, Exchange and/or VoIP telecommunications (to include some or all the following) preferred:
-Experience deploying and configuring MS Lync or Office Communicator enterprise Voice.
-Experience implementing and supporting VoIP solutions.
-Experience with SIP, SIP trunk integration.
-Experience with Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging.
-Experience with any of the following a plus: Cisco / Avaya IP Telephony.
-Experience with designing and implementing telecommunications systems and changes throughout the organization.(VoIP, Voice mail, PBX, ACD, Migration from legacy PBX to VoIP solution).
Travel: Approximately 15%
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components.
- Create and maintain technical documentation around system build, management and maintenance processes.
- Establish maintenance procedures and service levels.
- Strong Networking skills background related to VoIP solutions is a plus (Firewalls, Cisco routers/switches, QoS, VPN, etc.)
- Familiarity with a variety of telecommunications systems/manufactures, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to perform advanced moves/adds/changes and coordinates preventive maintenance on VoIP and various telephone systems.
- Ability to coordinate the telephony equipment and voice/data network installations at branches.
- Ability to work with vendor personnel to assure compliance with specifications and agreed upon levels of service. Identifies variances of service inadequacies to appropriate representatives and works with vendors to resolve problems.
- Maintains telephone records/contracts documents procedures.
- Ability to sort through the pieces of complicated problems and separate key issues allowing for focus on the important tasks.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at multiple levels in the organization.
- Skill requirements across multiple infrastructure areas including:
-VoIP and messaging
Total Rewards : Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people - the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers competitive compensation and bonuses. Your benefits from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Health Care coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Accounts, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirement benefits, Vacation and Holiday Pay, and more.
Salary : $57,100 - $75,700 - $94,200 + 22% Bonus potential.
Relocation assistance available.
For more information about Plum Creek and to apply, please visit our Career Center at: www.plumcreek.com . Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
Plum Creek - 9 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.3 million acres of timberlands and over 40 offices in 19...