The Carreras en Salud Lead Academic Advisor position reports to Director of Career Pathways and is responsible supervising the Academic Advising team as well as fostering a working relationship with Community College partners and other programs at Instituto del Progreso Latino.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, communications, human resources, or related fieldand 3 years of management experience and/or Academic Advising, preferred.
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines while providing ongoing support and supervision to team.
- Proficiency with computers and a talent for research and data analysis
- Possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience of grants and databases
- Ability to represent the organization and program with positive and professional poise
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and communicate effectively, with strong verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Culturally competent withthe ability to balance roles of coach, counselor, and advocate.
- Ability to workindependently, as well as the ability to be a positive and proactiveparticipant within a multidisciplinary team.
Please attach a completed application found on our website , cover letter with resume with a brief description of your educational philosophy and approach, salary history and salary expectations as additional attachments when completing the screening, at the above link.
Instituto Del Progreso Latino - 9 months ago