• Provide supervisory leadership to crews at the North Dayton Storage and surrounding area.
• Provide supervisory leadership to crews in assigned geographic area. Responsible for the safety and environmental programs, compliance with company procedures and government regulations, development and management of the budgets, employee training and development and overview of administrative functions relevant to the work.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of process equipment, instrumentation, pumps, vessels, heat exchangers, pipelines, compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors, cooling equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment
• Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of the pumps, exchangers, all engines, and associated equipment at compressor stations, and pipelines
• Install, repair, service and maintain instrumentation, valves, pipe, pipeline appurtenances, and associated equipment
• Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and gathering or storage areas, including but not limited to excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
• Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., industrial wheeled tractors, water pumps, air compressors, expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
• Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
• Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
• Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors)
• Perform governmental compliance activities (OSHA, DOT, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
• I.D., report and correct safety and environmental concerns
• Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives
• Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
• Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping
• High School Diploma or GED
• A two or four year college degree preferred
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Knowledge of the company procedures and government regulations relevant to pipeline operations
• Prior supervisory experience; or a minimum of 5 years experience in the natural gas industry
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
• May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to plan, organize, document, prioritize and complete work efficiently
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage crews at multiple locations and multiple tasks on a daily basis
• Good communications skills
• Strong commitment to safety and have active participation in the safety program
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
• Demonstrate performance and leadership toward operational excellence
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
• Qualified candidate must be able to pass a company background check and drug test to be eligible for hire.
• Must be available for responding to emergency situations 24/7
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities: Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Previous experience in supervising crews with pipeline and compressor station responsibilities and managing multiple tasks on a daily basis
• Detailed knowledge of compressor station, gathering and transmission pipeline systems operations
• Experience analyzing, adjusting, and making minor repairs on compressor engines, pumps and other associated equipment
• Knowledge of operating costs and best practices associated with the equipment in area of responsibility
• Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and other diagrams
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high and low pressure systems
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements
• Prior experience operating electrical motors and centrifugal compressors.
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...