Make a Difference
Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) - TS/SCI
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe.
We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations.
Parsons makes the world a safer place
Parsons Company is looking for an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) to provide in-depth information assurance knowledge and support a government customer. This support is required at the strategic (acquisition) and tactical (upgrades, day-to-day O&M) level. The ISSE is the technical information security (INFOSEC) lead who works with the Program Manager, Program Security Officers, System Engineers and others on the system acquisition team. As the INFOSEC technical lead, the ISSE is responsible for areas such as identifying INFOSEC requirements, defining security aspects of system architectures, determining testing requirements and methodologies, and conducting analytical risk management activities related to the development of information systems. The ISSE will ensure documentation required for certification packages are complete and support verification of the system requirements. Depending on program needs the ISSE may also be required to produce C&A documentation. The key objective of the ISSE is to make INFOSEC an integral part of the systems engineering and system acquisition process; ensure a strong customer focus; provide effective security measures in support of customer mission needs; integrate the security disciplines to provide optimal information system security solutions and make the ISSE a key member of the team that develops a system with security requirements.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the engineering disciplines of computer, electrical, or mechanical engineering or sub-disciplines related to them including, but not limited to the following examples: aerospace, electronic systems, information theory, computer science, communications, telecommunications, network, computer, software, information security (INFOSEC), communications security (COMSEC), engineering management, computer security, or other engineering disciplines.
o CISSP and/or ISSEP
- Experience performing engineering services that may include but are not limited to the following: engineering studies and analyses; technology planning; systems architecture development; requirements development; concept development; systems design; system development and integration; test and evaluation; systems operation;; control of systems and components; integrated logistics support; modeling and simulation; configuration management; security test and evaluation; security certification testing; independent verification and validation; penetration testing; auditing; ethical hacking; information assurance control testing and validation; information system security policy; supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA); information protection needs elicitation; and systems acquisition and life-cycle management in compliance with current Industry and Government practices.
- Working knowledge with one or more of the following: Department of Defense IA Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 series, Intelligence Community Directive 503 (ICD 503), Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/3 (DCID 6/3), and the Information Assurance Technical Framework (IATF)
- Knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Works independently; applies expert knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies; able to provide technical guidance to project leaders and program managers.
- Serves as a technical advisor on complex problems to other staff members; stimulates others through ideas and information.
- Recognized authority within field of expertise and extensive knowledge of related fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with senior government representatives.
- Familiarity with technologies and applications relating to web services, service oriented architecture, intrusion detection/prevention, anti-virus, and firewalls.
- One or more of the following certifications are highly desired:
o CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
o CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
o CPT – Certified Penetration Tester
o 8 years for holders of a Masters degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering or related discipline as described in the Experience Requirements section above.
- Advanced degree holders will require shorter periods of General Experience than holders of Bachelor Degrees.
o 5 years for holders of a Doctorate degree,
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
- An additional 8 years of General Experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor Degree.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion in 2012, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,000 projects in 50 states and 25 countries. These dedicated workers speak 82 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,600 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...