FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Partner, in Washington, DC.
Consults and advises managers and staff in assigned client group regarding relevant HR strategies, programs, initiatives, policies and practices in the areas of staffing, performance management and development, employee relations, work environment and compensation in order to maximize employee engagement in FHI 360.
- Provides advice and consultation to management on HR matters
- Works with management and recruiting partners to ensure that employment and sourcing systems are implemented which meet the demands of FHI 360’s current and future skill needs.
- Provides compensation support including assisting in the education and interpretation of programs for managers and staff. Supporting the annual salary adjustment process, promotion and equity reviews for assigned client group.
- Educates and supports management and staff in implementation of HR programs and practices
- Investigates and resolves routine employee relations issues
- Facilitates the performance assessment and on-going performance management process to ensure alignment of individual performance with FHI 360 goals.
- Conducting HR trend analysis and reporting activities to identify opportunities and recommend solutions
- Collaborating with HR, staff and management in a team-oriented environment.
- Supports the development of HR team goals
- Trains staff and management on use of HR communication and analytical tools such as ESS and MSS.
- Responsible for all areas of HR Generalist administration, policy interpretation, employee complaints, corrective action procedures, hiring/terminations support and compensation
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of data in Human Capital Management System for client group
- Participate in ongoing organization design as new business is acquired and proposed.
- Conducts exit interviews, reviews turnover data, makes recommendations for improvement
- Facilitates the development of action plans and monitors progress in response to employee engagement surveys
- Enhances organization learning and development by facilitating HR-related training programs and group discussions on various topics for staff and management
- Participate or lead HR initiatives, projects, process improvement as assigned.
Expertise and Complexity
- Strong working knowledge of HR body of knowledge; professional certification a plus.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Strong relationship-building, consultative and influencing skills
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Has written and verbal communication skills.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in international organization preferred
May supervise two or more staff members.
- Routine communication individually and in large groups with FHI 360 employees
- Consultation with FHI 360 management
- Sharing FHI 360 overview with applicants and staff
- Coordinate and communicate work assignments with HR colleagues
Ability to travel domestically 10 – 15% and internationally less than 5%.
BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and 7 – 10 years experience in HR with 3-5 years in consultative role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/en/workingwithus/index.htm through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 - 9 months ago
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.