Sourcing & Procurement;
Theme Parks Sourcing and Procurement is responsible for all procurement related to commodities, facilities and maintenance services, facilities design and construction, entertainment, professional and temporary labor services to maintain all theme parks and resorts around the world to include but not limited to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland.
The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for Sourcing & Procurement activities, with a focus on client management, category management, and supplier management, in support of the Parks & Resorts Segment.
This individual will work as part of the Segment Sourcing team and will be accountable for partnering on and supporting TWDC sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance.
The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross-functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing fee and contractual arrangements with preferred suppliers. This individual will perform bids (when applicable) and will be responsible for identifying and capturing cost savings.
The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company's procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and enhance efficiency.
The Sourcing Specialist will master all of the tools required for the execution of sound sourcing processes and documents to include but not limited to Ariba, SAP, ERFX and the Contract Maintenance System.
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects that meet internal client's requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- 2-5 years experience in the strategic sourcing disciplines or business environment
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus - ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability/desire to work in diverse environment
- Ability to learn and master sourcing and procurement computer systems; SAP, Ariba, Contract Maintenance System, ERFX
- Knowledge of:
- Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Basic Engineering, Drawings, Bills of Material
Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or operations environment
Computer Systems to include but not limited to SAP, Ariba, Net Diver, Contract Maintenance System, Maximo, Auto Cad, Solid Works
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, computer, and/or industrial engineering
Job Posting Industries
- Bachelor's degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
This position is a legal entity of Disney Worldwide Services
iCIMS Social Distribution - 17 months ago