Responsible for ensuring compliance with all welding codes, AWS and CWB and shop drawings, weld-maps and tolerances as specified in the quality assurance manual. Inspects finished welded product and dimensions. Document inspections on required QC forms and drawings.
• Monitors the welding procedures on a spot check basis (weekly) and records the results
• Responsible for completing the Inspection and Test Plan
• Perform dimensional inspection
• Performs dimensional inspection and visual inspection
• Inspects product for quality assurance standards using current methodology and techniques.
• Communicates routinely throughout the day with production leads, supervisors.
• Provides technical and operation support and/or services to ensure quality assurance standards are met in providing support to various project tasks.
• Assesses and trains new employees as necessary.
• Assists other employees in the performance of their duties as necessary.
• Five (5) years experience in Quality Assurance management and systems monitoring.
• Possess Certified Welding Inspector certification.
• Possess math skills in imperial and metric system.
• Read measuring tape, add and subtract simple fractions and decimals.
• Read and interpret work orders, job specification sheets and approved shop drawings
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as a team member.
• Read and speak English.
• Bi-lingual (preferred).
• Experience in Structural Steel operations (preferred).
Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Routine exposure to steel fabrication environment and occasional outside weather conditions, excessive noise levels and is regularly exposed to vibration. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
Wood Group PSN - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard