Provide and ensure the engineering activities necessary for the development, enhancement, design, installation, and in-service support for all automation activities within KMCO2 Supply & Transportation (S&T) SCADA systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design automation systems that meet regulatory requirements, meet company operation requirements, and meet company business requirements:
- Gather all requirements for automation systems
- Participate in design of automation systems
- Provide recommendations for changes to systems
- Direct design work of contract engineers
- Work with operations engineers, project engineers, design engineers and other contractors to design specific control systems for CO2 facilities.
- Provide in-service support to include, but is not limited to, training company personnel to maintain, repair and service existing automation and SCADA systems.
- Respond to service request calls outside of normal business hours (includes nights, weekends and holidays).
- Report on the activity and budget status of all work using approved company reporting process.
- Participate in company automation standards creation and reviews.
- Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes.
- Write effectively, and understand verbal and written communications including, but not limited to, email.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance record, and high level of job performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Occasional unscheduled overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Infrequent travel outside the job location area may be required. Initially, approximately 5%.
EXPERIENCE / SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Undergraduate degree (2 year or 4 year) with engineering or automation/control technology orientation is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have basic math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, use fractions).
- Familiar with process control and interfaces used for remote control desired.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft applications (including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PROJECT and Outlook).
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and lead personnel, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, including the ability to utilize multiple resources to arrive at a solution.
- Must complete compliance and regulatory training relevant to this position.
- Ability to take initiative and work with co-workers, clients, vendors and regulatory agencies to accomplish defined goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with ability to think quickly and provide support for emergency operations, including staying current on emergency operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to quickly analyze changing conditions with automation systems, and make appropriate adjustments within operating parameters.
- Ability to adjust to changing schedules and other urgent situations is necessary.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, and maintain confidentiality as necessary.
- Professional appearance and personality with attention to detail and positive attitude.
- Must be able to successfully perform multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
PREFERRED Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Office location near Cortez, CO
- Work in various industrial sites that transport or store petroleum or CO2 products
- Work outside of normal business hours during company emergencies
- Accept support phone calls outside of normal business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours
- Unscheduled overtime is required and anticipated
- Travel away from the assigned work location is required and anticipated at up to 5%; facilities primarily located in Colorado and west Texas
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report (as applicable to the position), after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
ISA Control Standards is advantageous
- Experience in industrial control design, installation or operation is a plus
- Training or experience in project management is helpful
- PLC Ladder Logic (e.g., Allen Bradley or GE) is preferred
- Controls Software (e.g., Rockwell) is desirable
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Kinder Morgan - 2 years ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...