Pontiac Foods I.T. Assistant
IT support Job tasks:
- Provide first level user support for office and plant users, which includes software, hardware, network and printer troubleshooting/training as needed.
- Utilize Support Portal to manage user reported issues and log resolutions.
- Assist MIT with deployment and maintenance of computer equipment, which includes computers and peripherals, printers, switches, forklift and operator terminals.
- Complete imaging and customization tasks as needed on user computers.
- Provide backup support to MIT on telephone system admin tasks.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on computers and UPS’s.
- Proficiency with Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2010 required.
- Proficiency with Symantec imaging, Windows Server 2003/2008R2, and Sharepoint 2010 preferred.
- Familiarity with desktop and laptop troubleshooting, to include BIOS configuration and replacing components.
- Familiarity with basic network operations, to include troubleshooting network communications.
- Must be reliable and be on time for scheduled shifts.
- This job is not a desk job and will be in a production environment. The job requires going to wherever the issue is when it involves the plant floor.
- Must have patience and be adept at working with users who may be lacking in some computer skills.
- Must dress business casual (no t-shirts, shorts, skirts) and follow dress code when on the plant floor of steel toed shoes, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- MUST work in a safe manner at all times and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Exhibit through behaviors our core values of honesty, safety, diversity, inclusion, respect, integrity
This is a PART TIME position up to 20 hours per week. Hours will vary depending on projects assigned. The duration of the position is up to 12 months. We are willing to accommodate class time for college students who are looking to add practical work experience to support their academics.
Kroger Manufacturing provides equal employment opportunties.